Table of Contents
BFGoodrich is a tire company that has a long and storied history in the United States. The company was founded in 1870 in Akron, Ohio. The company was started by Dr. Benjamin Franklin Goodrich, a physician and businessman.
Before Goodrich started his own company, Goodrich owned the Hudson River Rubber Company.
Goodrich had become interested in the rubber industry and saw an opportunity to produce tires for the expanding and rapidly growing carriage industry. In its early years, BF Goodrich produced simple rubber products such as belts, hoses, and footwear.
BF Goodrich Tires became a major supplier of tires to the automobile industry, and in the early 1900’s, had become one of the world’s largest tire manufacturer’s in the world.
BF Goodrich has created a tubeless tire during this time.
During WWI, BFGoodrich supplied tires to the US military. The company’s expertise in producing synthetic rubber during the war proved invaluable. In the 1920’s and 1930’s, BFGoodrich continued to innovate.
The company continued to produce new designs and materials and in turn, became a major player in the tire industry. In the 1960’s, the company became the first company to develop radial tires in the United States.
Radial tires offered better performance and fuel efficiency than traditional bias-ply tires. Radial tires quickly became the standard for modern automobiles.
In 1988, BFGoodrich was acquired by Michelin Tire. Michelin Tire is a French company, and BFGR became part of Michelin’s North American Operations.
In 1990, Michelin started the Uniroyal Goodrich Tire Company.
Today, Goodrich is known for producing high-performance tires for a variety of vehicles. Through its tire business, Goodrich has played an important role in the industrialization process of the United States.
Michelin Tires has been around since the 19th century. The Michelin Tire company, also known as Michelin, is a French Tire manufacturer founded by the Michelin brothers, Eduoard and Andre Michelin.
Michelin is headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand France and is one of the world's largest tire manufacturers in the world. The company has operations in over 170 different countries.
Michelin produces a wide range of products including tires for cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and other vehicles. The company has won numerous awards for its products.
Michelin is also heavily invested in research and development. They inquire into the field of sustainable materials and technology for producing tires daily. They use renewable materials in their tires and they develop new tires to increase fuel economy and lessen carbon emissions.
In addition to its tire operations, Michelin is involved in other businesses as well. Michelin produces guides that cover local and national hotels and restaurants.
Michelin Purchase Of BFGoodrich
In 1988, Michelin purchased the American tire company BF Goodrich. At the time, it was one of the largest mergers in tire history. The acquisition of the Goodrich company was part of Michelin’s strategy to expand its presence in the United States.
The purchase of the Goodrich corporation gave Michelin a stronger foothold in North America. It allowed the company to increase its product offerings to include a wider range of tires, particularly in the high-performance segment.
Goodrich, at the time of the merger, was known for its high quality tires, particularly in the areas of off-road and all terrain vehicles, which complimented Michelin’s existing product line.
The acquisition of BF Goodrich by the French tire maker allowed Michelin to benefit from Goodrich’s strong distribution network in the United States, which included a large number of independent tire dealers.
This helped Michelin North America increase its market share and improve its distribution channels in the country. The integration of BFGoodrich’s product line into Michelin’s was a success.
The acquisition of Goodrich helped solidify Michelin’s place as one of the world’s top leading tire manufacturers. Today, the Michelin tire brand continues to produce a wide range of high quality tires under both the Michelin and BFGoodrich name.
BFGoodrich is a tire brand that is known for producing high-quality tires that deliver exceptional performance and durability. The brand has a long history of producing popular tires for a variety of vehicles, including off-road trucks, sports cars, and performance vehicles. Here are some of the most popular BFGoodrich tires.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2: The All-Terrain T/A KO2 is a popular tire for off-road trucks and SUVs. It features an aggressive tread design that provides excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, including mud, sand, and rocks. The tire is also designed to be durable and long-lasting, with a tough sidewall that can resist punctures and cuts.
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3: The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 is another popular tire for off-road enthusiasts. It features a tread design that is optimized for mud and rock crawling, and can provide excellent traction in even the most challenging off-road conditions. The tire is also designed to be tough and durable, with a sidewall that can resist punctures and cuts.
- BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S: The g-Force Comp-2 A/S is a popular tire for high-performance sports cars and sedans. It features a tread design that is optimized for dry and wet traction, and can provide excellent handling and braking performance. The tire is also designed to be durable and long-lasting, with a high-performance compound that can provide excellent grip and handling.
- BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport: The Advantage T/A Sport is a popular tire for crossover vehicles and SUVs. It features a tread design that is optimized for all-season traction, and can provide excellent handling and braking performance in a variety of conditions. The tire is also designed to be comfortable and quiet, with a high-performance compound that can provide excellent grip and handling.
- BFGoodrich Radial T/A: The Radial T/A is a classic tire that has been popular for decades. It features a tread design that is optimized for performance and handling, and can provide excellent traction in a variety of conditions. The tire is also designed to be comfortable and quiet, with a classic look that is popular with enthusiasts and collectors.
In conclusion, BFGoodrich is a tire brand that produces a wide range of popular tires for a variety of vehicles and applications. Whether you're driving off-road, on the highway, or on the racetrack, BFGoodrich tires are designed to deliver the best in performance, durability, and safety.
About The Author
Christopher Sparks has been servicing vehicles since 2012. After completing the automotive studies program at Camden County College, he was awarded an Associates's Degree in Applied Science. His first job was a lube-tech at Jiffy Lube, and is currently an independent B-Technician servicing vehicles for the United States Postal Service. Christopher is ASE certified and loves rebuilding engines.Read more about Christopher Sparks